The course aims to provide learners with essential knowledge and language to communicate confidently in English language teaching at school levels.
The major objectives of the training course are to help the learners:
- Learn the specific classroom language needed to conduct their classes in English confidently;
- Improve their teaching ability and build up their confidence in using English language communicatively
- The course consists of 40 hours of face-to-face sessions and 50 hours of online study.
- Learners will learn how to use the classroom language to manage the class activities, communicate the lesson content, assess students’ work, and give feedback
The course is combined with face-to-face instructions, in-class practices and online guided-learning. This type of blended learning environment allows participants to take part in such activities as below:
- For the face-to-face sessions, SEAMEO RETRAC instructors will provide participants with basic knowledge and essential classroom language to communicate more confidently and effectively.
- For the in-class practices, course participants will demonstrate their teaching practice by using the provided classroom language.
- For the online self-study sessions, participants will have to log in MyELT account provided by National Geographic Learning and do the online exercises.
Learners are encouraged to take an active part in class activities:
- Participate in teacher-led sessions
- Practice the assigned tasks with the help of instructors
- Do all the assignments and complete online exercises and tasks on MyELT
The course assessment is based on the following criteria:
- Participate in all the in-class discussions
- Complete at least 80% out of the online exercises on MyELT
- Sit in the online ELTeach test and obtain the ELTeach Certificate provided by National Geographic Learning.